Joseph Rodin, assistant, supervised practice leader, and tutor trainee, began practicing massage in 1991 and has taught Trager® Introductory courses and other post-graduate continuing education courses over the past decade throughout the Northwest and beyond.
Michael Lear, who will be teaching Level 2, is an internationally-recognized Senior Trager® Practitioner, Tutor & Instructor, and Ashtanga Yoga Instructor with a client base spanning five continents. He was recognized with a cover article in 2007 Massage Therapy Journal for his work introducing Trager® to physical therapists in post-tsunami Sri Lanka.
Trager® is a unique approach to bodywork and somatic movement therapy developed by Dr. Milton Trager, MD who became aware of the basic principles at the age of 18 and spent over 50 years refining his work. In its full expression, Trager® has become known as a highly effective neuro-fascial approach to bodywork with applications in rehabilitation, movement re-patterning, and psychophysical integration.
The table work, involving deep, fluid rocking movements (oscillations) of muscles and joints combined with gentle traction and compression, feeds the brain’s natural neuroplasticity and induces dramatic muscular relaxation, along with feelings of lightness, freedom, and flexibility. Sessions also include simple somatic movement interventions called Mentastics®. These support ongoing self-care, enhance the benefits of Trager Sessions and teach clients how to integrate the principles of the work into their daily life.
The focus of Trager® Certification: An experiential, in depth training designed for students developing Trager® as a primary modality in their practice, and focused on deeper levels of personal, professional, and spiritual integration. Guided table-work and movement practices, supervision, tutorials, and supported practice days allow students to integrate Trager® into their current manual therapy and movement work while building a successful Trager® practice. Certification offers marketing credentials, an optional referral listing on the national US Trager® Association website, and access to further resources through the association.
Benefits of Trager Certification
- Expand your career longevity and satisfaction.
- Facilitate deep levels of peace, healing, and pain-free living in yourself and your clients.
- Creatively address chronic pain, the effects of trauma, movement disorders, and more.
- Expand your clientele by broadening your approach.
Benefits of the Format
1. Planned and paced Learning, through concise segments at regular intervals
- Easily integrates into your professional schedule.
- Optimal learning through consistent, digestible presentations.
- Multiple formats, lecture, movement, hands-on, demonstration, practice, group dialogue.
- Access to Instructors, Tutors, Supervised Practice Leaders and an international group of especially invited Trager Faculty.
- Supportive live and online Community of peers with whom to trade and study.
3. Online review and resources
- Tuition includes all classes, tutorials and integration/supervision day costs, and video review.
- A special online forum for students with access to :
- Exclusive video content including class review material and special additional material, lectures, and teachings.
- Online and live monthly question and answer, Trager Integration, and Support Meetings throughout your program with course instructors and guest teachers.
- Optional online video explorations of your work in progress
Trager® Certification Program Prerequisites
- Enrollees must be certified movement therapists or personal trainers or licensed professionals in one of the following professions: massage, naturopathy, chiropractic, acupuncture, midwifery, physical therapy, occupational therapy, nursing, osteopathy, or some form of healthcare practitioner which allows a practitioner license to touch.
- Students who have just completed their program but have yet to become licensed may also apply if they can show a clear path to licensure.
- Students practicing in a state that exempts Trager® from any kind of licensure may also apply. However, an additional 48 hours of Trager® anatomy training or an instructor-approved equivalent is required before certification.
Before applying for the Trager® certification program, applicants need to either:
- receive a minimum of two sessions from a certified Trager® Practitioner; or,
- receive one session, and attend an Introductory Workshop; or,
- receive one session and take 6 hours of Mentastics classes; or,
- by other arrangements with the instructor.
Receiving a series of sessions before the Level I training as well as attending an Introductory Workshop provide experiences that are foundational to the learning process. The Practitioner or Teacher must recommend the applicant to be accepted into the training by signing the back of the application. After obtaining the recommendation, please contacts Joe Rodin seminars.
- Enrolling students need to be able to complete classes and homework as assigned.
Enrolling students need to have practical resources in place (time, financial, emotional, work, family, etc) to fully participate in these programs and support personal development work that often accompanies this training.
In a “recommending tutorial”, students receive feedback and are either recommended to the next level or are given specific tasks to complete to remediate deficiencies in skills and knowledge. These are usually scheduled during the integration Day before the start of the next level. Successful completion of these tasks will lead to being recommended to the next level. During the second Integration day for Level 3, each student will sign up for 2 Recommending Tutorials. Students must be approved in each Recommending Tutorial to complete the program to apply to the US Trager Association for certification as a Trager® Practitioner. Unless otherwise indicated, all classes are 9 am – 6 pm, 8 hours of class.
Trager® Certification Program Tuition
|Tuition||$5,595||(includes a $250 deposit due with registration, $100 is non-refundable)|
|Additional Expenses (estimated) -6 Professional Trager® Sessions-||$990|
Students who have taken a Trager® Introductory class with Joe Rodin can utilize $100 of their Introductory workshop tuition towards their deposit. There are three payment plans available, please see page 20 of the Trager® Student Handbook.
Trager® Program Registration and Tuition Payments
Registration and Deposit
- Click on this link and print out the Trager® Program Application Form
- A $250 deposit is required at the time of application, $100 of the deposit is non-refundable.
- ONLINE: Fill out the digital application and requesting an online payment invoice.
- MAIL: Make checks out to ‘Joseph Rodin Seminars’, mail your check and your filled-out registration to Seattle Manual Therapy 5413A Meridian Ave N. Seattle, WA 98103.
- Upon acceptance, Joseph Rodin Seminars will send the student a contract and copy the student handbook.
- Please return the contract to Joseph Rodin Seminars (mail, drop off, or fax) and a copy will be returned to you.
Regular tuition payments can be made to Joseph Rodin Seminars by cash, check, or credit card. Students will receive a confirmation of payment amounts and dates along with their contracts.
- AUTOMATIC: students may choose to set up automatic credit card payments at any point. Payment may be made with Visa, Mastercard, or Discover Card.
- PHONE: Call 206-596-6782
to pay. Payment may be made with Visa, Mastercard or Discover Card payments may be made online or over the phone. Confirmation of payment will be emailed.
- MAIL: Mail a check and notate on the memo line, Trager Certification Program. Please make checks out to “Joseph Rodin Seminars” and mail to: Joseph Rodin Seminars 5413A Meridian Ave N. Seattle, WA 98103.
- CASH: Call 206-436-4324 to make arrangements to drop off cash payments.
Trager® Program Documents
- Trager® Program Application Form
- TRAGER® Student Handbook Bellingham Contains complete program details.
Questions About the Trager® Program
If you have questions about the content of the Trager® Program or about being a Trager® Practitioner, please contact program teacher Roger Tolle by email at Rogertolle@gmail.com.
For all other questions (program details, application, payment, logistics, etc.) please email Joseph Rodin at Joseph Rodin Seminars at email@example.com or call her at (206) 436-4324.
Initial deposit is $150. Our office will then contact you regards payment plans and other aspects of Certification Training preparation and logistics. To pay in full, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.